Followers

Monday 1 April 2013

You can never dream without learning how to.......

                                        " If  I am going to make this", I thought to myself- "Nothing can stop me". I was in the train going home for Christmas. I tried reminding myself how my day started. I missed my flight as the cab I booked arrived 45 mins before the flight was scheduled to depart. Hope against hope, I rushed to the airport only to be told that my flight has departed and there is no other flight to my place for the same day and it was already Christmas Eve for me to extend a day. I could feel the warmth of my tears on my cheeks out of sheer anger and my stupidity. I went to the railway station to be told that there is a train up to another city which is like 4 hrs away from my place. I bought my ticket and rushed to see that the train was just about to start. The coach was full and at the mercy of the T.C I could secure a berth for myself in the A.C coach. Just about to relax, I over heard a conversation which means that the train will arrive at the city only at 7 pm which means the connecting train to my native would be around 10 pm dropping me 1/2 hr away from my home town by 1 am. I recalled my conversation with my mother saying that I would be home for dinner. Forget about dinner, I said to myself. I can be home for Christmas' breakfast. Things were getting out of my control as there is nothing that I can do at this point in time. After cursing myself for the umpteenth time for missing my flight, I laid my head on the window and said to myself-  " If  I am going to make this", "Nothing can stop me". My brother arranging his friend to pick me up at the station to draw the curtains on a peaceful note draws my saga to an end.

                                     This might be a small incident but recollecting the pain and tension that I put my family in, it is worth mentioning. I dream a lot of my ambitions and goals in my life and I decided that my life is too precious to let it go by missing my flight or taking a late night train. I was determined to never take things in a light manner and started practicing detailed observation to the facts that I've been missing all this while. And yes, things are looking better now. My approach towards life has changed and I respect my life and this incident which taught me the importance of living to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment