Followers

Saturday 15 June 2013

Born for bigger things.........

     I have written my experiences and excerpts from my conversations with people round me. This time I want to share my personal experience. I have had this in my dreams few days back. I have been trying to pen this down for a while and unfortunately there have been many obstacles like never before. This time I’ve decided that rain or shine, I’ll pen this down.
                      In my dream, I was in a church with my mother sitting next to me and another girl in her jeans to my other side. I haven’t spoken a word to her all the while she was sitting next to me. The Father called out a name for a special song and the girl next to me rose from her seat and sang a song while playing the flute. After that, the girl started to speak. Ideally, she was giving a testimony. In her own words-“ I was going abroad for further studies and I secured a seat in one of the best colleges there I had to find a job to fund my expenses and one of our acquaintances introduced me to someone from that place, who is a resident and he assured me that he would help me secure a job once I landed there. All said and done, my family and I were relieved that I would even get a job in the foreign land. After landing, I was waiting for the man to show up so that he could show me the job. The day he was supposed to meet me, I was staring at the sky and along with me were few more people. The first plane that landed, didn’t bring in the man I was supposed to meet. I was still staring at the sky and the next plane too didn’t bring him. That’s when I realized that the man promised few others like me to help them secure jobs and all of them were waiting for him just like me. The man never turned up ever after”. 
                   I was wondering why the girl was thanking God if the man dumped her in a foreign land. She continued, “It was God’s never ending support that helped me survive there with a decent job and He helped me finish my studies and return to my mother land safe. And I could clearly see the girl happy that she is back safe. All of a sudden, in my dreams, I was reminded of the Bible verse that I read the day before. “If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? 
                   I shared this with  many people wondering the meaning of this dream. No one could give me a satisfactory interpretation. I was upset cos this was a different dream than I had before and no one could interpret it for me. My mum was watching me all the while me running from pillar to post for an interpretation. She called me in the evening and she asked me to repeat my dream. I repeated myself. She listened patiently.She interpreted it for me. In her own words. “ You are running after something while God has something bigger in store for you. And you will thank God for what He has given you. His plans for you are bigger than your dreams for yourself. “ Beautifully true….
                   At times in life we aim for something where in we are destined for bigger things. Not realizing life’s destination is a bigger mistake than not realizing our dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment