Followers

Saturday 6 August 2016

A secret formula for a broken heart.......

                                           Couple of days back, I posted my recent pics and multiple likes, comments and compliments poured in. Nothing new. But something was surprising. These were the same people who called me "Ugly" couple of years back. It was the same lot who once called me"The Cat-eyed-girl" who now call me "Hazel-eyed-beauty." The very same group who called me "Mother-of-two" now call me "Hot." I didn't change the color of my eyes to match people's expectations. The world evolved to a civilized one. I didn't starve myself to look chic. The world broadened its horizon of thought process. 2 years back, I was looked down as a loser. Today am being called "One of the Successful People." I had minimal interference in people's interpretation of me both then and now. What happened then? What turned things in my favor? Was I OK being harassed and ridiculed every single day? Certainly Not! I am a mere human and I am content in my imperfect perfectionism. I am still the same old young woman who wakes up with a fear not knowing what the day might bring forth. I sleep every  night with a dim thought of "what if it were the last night that I get to breathe?" Not that I want to live hundred years and beyond. I have unfinished business to do. Coming back to what turned the tables, I found a secret formula to mend my heart every time I was hurt. "Be what you are and the world has no option but to open its eyes." 

                                         Let me share an incident  what changed my perceptive towards life. 2 years ago I joined an organization with dreams of hope and prosperity. What resulted was harassment and a foreign treatment. I was not one among them. I was from a different region and of different language. My Team Leader wanted me to go for a cup of coffee with an animal who harassed me. I write animal not because am an anti-animal person. Instead because animals need to be trained to behave. While I chose to handle it with poise and dignity that my parents have taught me, the cattle herd covered the rogue under his wings. Me shaking the world under his feet is a different story. Not just his feet but a lot many others'. Do I feel proud? Certainly not. What I felt then and feel now is the same - Self respect is my heartbeat. I can look at me abusers in their eye and I doubt if they can. How has this changed me as a person? It reminded me of the basics that Olive branch is for Doves and for unruly dogs, its a cane. And I repeat myself I am not an animal hater. I have grown with domestic animals as my pets and to see wild animals around me disturbs me. 

                                        To all out those ready to mock at me or ridicule me, just a heads up "Am more than that meets your eyes and strikes your brains." Being educated doesn't help. Being civilized would certainly take you somewhere...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment