Followers

Sunday 19 August 2012

A father's dream for her daughter! Too good:)

                        As usual, I sat with my father for an usual conversation. Since the time I started this blog I have been nagging him about many topics so that I can gain a bit of knowledge from him. Everyday we talk about something new - sports, an invention, politics, the weather, books what not? He has been a sort of an encyclopedia for me since my childhood. He drew virtual images of "The Garden of Eden" for me and helped me polish my geographical knowledge. I learnt how to be down to earth in the process of trying to imitate him as a kid. I later on grew to live in that phase with perfection. All the appreciations that I received in the science fairs have been the example of his intellect. I learnt to live life the simplest way from him and he made me understand the difference between luxuries and necessities though he always made sure that I had the best luxuries a my disposal. Coming from a "hand - to- mouth" family, he went on to climb the ladder of success with great efforts and every step had its own story and a memoir. Every time I sat with him, I get the chance to listen to a success story.

                      During one such conversations, I asked my dad what he expected from me as his firstborn. I was all ears to what he had to say. He summed it up in one beautiful sentence - "Make your own world".

                      Later, I sat to myself and thought about what just happened. Trying to be a fit in this world is what I have been trying to do since the day I have been in the cradle and it would continue until I am placed in a grave. He must have noticed that recognized the fact that I have been in a haste to compete with the rest of the world and I was losing my own existence. I am a Medical graduate but never took up that profession. I went on to choose a different field to earn my bread and he never stopped me from that. I was away from home for months together and he didn't raise his voice. He allowed me to take every step at my own will. He never once questioned me. He never tried to clip my wings when I wanted to fly. I was busy trying to make a mark in my career that I chose and he waited to hear from me with patience. I wondered what might have made him advise me this after letting me be on my own all these years.

                      I then realized that he had a dream for me. A beautiful dream in which he wants me not to compromise on my values and principles while trying to match my pace in the life's journey. Winning might be the goal but compromising on the morals can never be the best strategy. I made a oath to myself the last might that, Come what may, I would still continue to stick on to my morals and the principles he taught me. My success might come a second late however, I would be still a winner. Rather, a survivor.



                       

No comments:

Post a Comment