Followers

Sunday 5 August 2012

Overcome your nemesis!

             Who we are makes a difference. Utilizing this unique difference, we either can choose to define success or failures or let them define us. Take your life in your own hands and do you realize what happens? You have overcome your nemesis. Today, I want you to read about a young lady who overcame her nemesis with her strong will. She is miles away from the geographical location from the place I am located right now but yes, always just a step front to guide.


             I met her few years back when I had the pleasure of sharing the same accommodation with her. She came in with a traveler's bag and without even a formal introduction, she answered my surprise glances. "It's my dream to go abroad", she started. Got an admission in the college for my Masters and I bought this bag to pack my luggage. Things didn't go the way they planned and my Visa was rejected. I use this bag now so that it is not stuck somewhere in my store room". Behind that formal and jovial expressions, I felt that was sad about it. Of course, she was! But she was beyond that frame of her mind where she would be upset about her dreams being stuck. After becoming friends with her, I realized that instead of hanging the bag in the store room, she dumped her restlessness and disappointment in the dark room and here she is - on  new journey only to see her dreams come true. We went on to become good friends and as the days flew, I realized that she carried this traveler's bag to the accommodation to remind herself of the journey she missed.  We joined the same firm and I came to know more about her.

            In her own words -" I come from a modest background and I lost my father when I was yet to enter my teens. My mother until then who was a home maker, had to turn overnight into a bread maker. She struggled to make our ends meet and let alone afford us corporate education. But she never backed up. Fortunate enough, my sister and I were athletes and we secured good seats. We joined Professional course and we realized that my mother has been working relentlessly for years now. I then took up private jobs and became successful. My mother recognizing the talent in me, wanted to send me abroad for better opportunities. She counted all her savings on me and was ready to see me take the flight. But fat had something else in store. Trust me Priyaanka, am not upset with what has happened because I know that one day, am just going to be there and it's just a matter of time".

            My career flew us a little distance apart and we lost contact. Thanks to the social networking site, early this year, I had the chance of talking to her. I was glad beyond words to know that she is where she wanted to be! We started talking like good old times and asked her how this all has happened. She just had one sentence to speak - "I overcame my nemesis". Today, she is a licensed therapist abroad and happily enjoying the aroma of her success. She guides young aspirants who want to go abroad and realize their dreams.

           Failures are common in our lives. But the way we bounce back to overcome defines us. We have to learn the facts of our lives on our own and there are plenty to learn. Our attempts to succeed and the failures we face on the way only can help us to overcome our nemesis.



No comments:

Post a Comment