Followers

Sunday 9 December 2012

Breathe in Perfection!!

                 “If you don’t mind me asking, may I know how long have you been in this business?’ ”22 years” he answered without even looking at the direction from which the question has come. No wonder. It was showing up in his work. I met this man half an hour back when I walked into his courier service office. I bought a star and wind chimes for Christmas and wanted to send them home to surprise my sister. It took me less than 10 mins to choose them but it felt that I was in this office forever to send them home. I was watching them struggle to pack my items. I sighed and relaxed in the chair as I knew that I will have to skip my lunch.This man was working on his computer while the other staff was busy trying to pack my items. He saw them for a brief moment. He walked slowly to the desk and gave a long glance at what they were doing. I was growing impatient. The man asked one of the office boys to get a cardboard. While I was still wondering as what he would do with a cardboard, the office boy came back with a thick cardboard. I was curious now. The man carefully cut the cardboard in the shape of a folded star and taped the cardboard at the edges. He covered the bells of the wind chimes with a paper and put the wind chimes in the “star shaped cardboard pack”. This was interesting. He was so involved in what he was doing and I could see the passion with which he was packing the items. When he replied 22 years, I looked around in the room I was sitting. There were many trophies which he won over the years. “I shall try my best and lets hope that the courier is delivered undamaged.”I looked at him and there lay on the table before me a neatly packed cover which had my items in it. I thanked him profusely and all he said was “Welcome my dear”.I was happy that would be delivered safe as they were taken care of “safe hands”. Though my sister called me later to tell me that two of the bells were broken, I didn't feel bad as I knew that this guy was absolutely amazing in what he did. Had it been someone else, my items would have been delivered in a bad shape.

             That’s how life and dreams are! Life throws many surprises. It’s upto us how to realise our dreams with perfection. We need to ensure that our dreams have a safe landing- from our minds to reality. Passion and dedication is what you need to have to dream and breathe in perfection!

2 comments: