Followers

Monday 9 July 2012

Life is a continual story of dreams.


                During one of my visits to my home town, I met one of my very close childhood friends. I have known her to be an optimistic sport who was passionate about making it big one day. It was long time that I haven't met her and wanted to see how she was doing. While I was waiting for her, I went back to our good old times when we used to sit on the terrace and chalk out our future. My friend came and after our hugs and "missed you's", I asked her how she was doing and how far her dreams have come true. For a moment, I wondered whether I put a wrong question because I could see tears rolling down her cheeks.After a bit of cajoling, she started her experience. Soon after finishing high school, we took different paths. I went ahead to complete my graduation in Physiotherapy. She completed her graduation and tried pursuing her parents to send her abroad for Masters. She always believed that she was meant for the bigger cut. Her parents were adamant that she get married. My friend hails from an orthodox family and all her cries were left unheard. Her parents started searching for matches and years down the lane, she is yet to get married. I asked her as why she didn't get herself employed all these years. Her response startled me. Her mother wanted her to stay     at home and learn the household chores as she was hopeful that her daughter would get married in the coming months. Years passed on and my friend stayed at home. All her peers went abroad and she was here, hoping for a miracle to happen in her life. I suggested her that probably she could get married to an NRI so that she can realize her dreams once she goes abroad with him. She liked this idea and told me that she never thought about this and would talk to her parents about this. Few days later, I get a message from her stating that she spoke to her parents about it and it worked! Few months later, I received a call from her inciting me to her marriage. She was excited as the guy works abroad and has approved her plans to pursue her Masters and boost her career. I felt very happy for her.

                 Having dreams and a vision is great, but what if those dreams don’t match up with present-day reality? Should you just give up on them? Absolutely not! But sometimes pursuing your dreams means stopping to build a bridge to get there. Use the resulting insights to fuel your efforts to overcome your current obstacles and help you keep an eye on your vision. Take stock of your challenges."It may not come today or it may come tomorrow, but it is well that it is within your heart.  It’s well that you are trying."You may not see it. The dream may not be fulfilled, but it’s just good that you have a desire to bring it into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment